Coding

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 19, 2017, 11:57:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Menu

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 12135
  • Total Topics: 1730
  • Online Today: 66
  • Online Ever: 195
  • (February 11, 2014, 12:46:08 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 36
Total: 57
Yahoo!
Sogou
Google
Baidu (18)

Recent Topics

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: StackNotes  (Read 2300 times)

• Bananas: 0
  • I haven't set any personal text yet
StackNotes
« on: June 25, 2015, 02:04:40 PM »

Download it at

updated 27th April, 2016
 :D version 1.0.2.6 is here !!!
- what's new : You can now launch your browser by clicking an URL in StackNotes. Click on the line that contains the URL first, then press the [Control] key and Left-click. The program will parse the line for a valid URL, catch it and send it to the browser.
Please report bugs if any. Seems to work for me here, but let me know if a problem occurs.

updated 24th April, 2016
- Fixed a few bugs, added some functions, redone the options dialog. ...

updated 13th April, 2016
Fixed a bug with new file creation. A few cosmetic changes...

updated 1st October, 2015
added option to start the program minimised. Added option to register hotkey Windows + S. Improved STZ file association : now the program handles correctly the padfiles so you can double-click any padfile inside explorer to open it inside StackNotes.

Since i'm a little busy at the moment (yes, there's a real world out there, you know ?), i'll take care of the next improvements to the program as long as i can find the time to do so but it may stay as it is for a while...
Anyway, thank you for using it and for the feedback !
updated 19th August 2015
- what's new : Sticky window and File association were added to the program. ( You can enable/disable the file association at any time with just one-click in the options dialog ).

updated 16th August
- what's new : this is a maintenance release. A few minor bugs were reported and fixed. The next update is planned and should bring (hopefully) FTP upload support. Stay tuned !

updated 27th july 2015
StackNotes is now in version 1.0.1.7.

- what's new : now supports AES encryption / decryption through AESCrypt (command-line). Fixed invalid palettes for menu glyphs and toolbar. Added a nice gradient below the toolbar. Also fixed an AlphaBlending bug.

New application written with iBpro :

Use StackNotes pages to record notes and lists of things to do...

The first line of each StackNotes page is used as the Table of Contents entry.
Use the Edit menu to Cut, Copy and Paste notes and lists. StackNotes pages are automatically saved whenever you browse through your notes. Each StackNotes page can contain up to 32K of ASCII text.

Features

Table of Contents
  The main window displays a Table of Contents built from the first line of each individual StackNotes page. Double-click on an entry in this table to display and edit a specific note.

Drag & Drop
StackNotes supports a Drag & Drop interface. Drop StackNotes document PADs on the Table of Contents view to quickly open a new document. Drop an ASCII text file on an individual StackNotes page to easily add text to existing StackNotes documents

Priorities
  StackNotes pages can be marked as urgent and completed.  Time Stamps Insert timestamps at any point in a note. 

Find & Replace
 Search for words and phrases anywhere in a page, and optionally make replacements. 

Built-in Help
 Quickly browse a brief set of instructions by pressing the emergency buoy icon on the toolbar. 

Auto Saving
 StackNotes automatically save changes as you work. Pressing the "Table", "Previous Note" or"Next Note" buttons just does this. 

Desktop Locations
 StackNotesís location on the desktop can be saved when the program is terminated. Whenever you start StackNotes it will reappear on the desktop where you last placed it. StackNotes pad file location is also stored and reused the next time it is opened. 

Taskbar Tray
 StackNotes can be optionally configured to place its program icon in the Taskbar Icon Notification Tray. This option provides a simple means of keeping the taskbar button region clear for other running programs.   

Uses
 StackNotes's compact screen size makes it an ideal PostIts-style utility for Windows users. Its ability to quickly handle multiple pads lets you create different lists for all of your projects and computing activities.

Internet
 Internet users will find it handy for storing URLs and email addresses. Load a different pad for use as a to-do list. Keep yet another pad for use as a project list. StackNotes can also be used as a small address book, or as a temporary storage site for all those other bits of information you'll file elsewhere.

Programmers
 Programmers can use it to store snippets of code and development notes. HTML authors can use it to save examples of Web page source. Writers and stenos can use it to store oft-repeated bits of text in an easy-to-access format without relying on complex or finicky clipboard managers. 

Limitations
 StackNotes pads can have up to 50 pages. Each page can contain approximately 50000 words of text. StackNotes is not a database, nor is it a word processor. StackNotes was designed as a means of keeping short notes and lists about software development projects.

Binary packed with UPX, StackNotes padfiles are zipped using CAB10.DLL, sources available with the program.
download from project page :
https://sourceforge.net/projects/stacknotes/
« Last Edit: April 28, 2016, 08:18:33 PM by 0101 »

Larry McCaughn

• Head Monkey
  • Administrator
  • Bananas: 4
Re: StackNotes
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2015, 06:35:14 PM »

Thanks for posting and sharing!
Admin - Here and @ Ionic Wind Software Forums
Author of Custom Button Designer, Custom Chart Designer, Snippet Manager, and IWB+ (A Visual Designer for IWBasic 2.x)

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2016, 04:48:19 PM »

;) bump !

Larry McCaughn

• Head Monkey
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2016, 04:29:17 AM »

You really wrote it in IBasic Pro.  What else have you written in IBPro? 
Have you considered upgrading to IWBasic 3.x?

Author of Custom Button Designer, Custom Chart Designer, Snippet Manager, and IWB+ (A Visual Designer for IWBasic 2.x)

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2016, 08:31:43 PM »

Yes i've upgraded to IWBasic a little while ago. I still have to dig it though. Don't know if i could port this to IWBasic, some commands seems to be missing (e.g. to colorate the status bar...)

Larry McCaughn

• Head Monkey
  • Administrator
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2016, 09:13:20 PM »

sure you could; we could help you over at IonicWind

« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2016, 02:12:24 PM »

Ok, thanks. Starting to read the IWBasic Manual right away.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

To link to us use this code/button on your site

http://www.codingmonkeys.com/images/cm_link.gif